Wednesday 5 November 2014

1920s - Inspired Photo shoot

It's no secret I love makeup, it's also no secret that I love all makeup and styling that surrounds the 1920s.

Back in 2013 - I collaborated with Photographer, Jonathan Flint. I worked with Jonathan on a few shoots, bringing our ideas together - and this was my favourite from all our work together.

When Jonathan told me who the model for the shoot was, I knew straight away - I would work some 1920s magic on her.
Fran had the most amazing hair colour, and not only that - she had a lovely - alabaster, flawelss skin.
I already had an image in mind, and set ahead creating it.

Creating a flawless base, using Illamasqua Skin base foundation - this foundation photographs beautifully.
Keeping with the 1920s theme, we kept both Frans eyes and lips, dark and vampy.

Using only one colour on Frans eyes, I buffed a kohl pencil allover the eyelid, and set with a matte, black eyeshadow - diffusing the colour up above the natural eye crease.

For Frans lips, we wanted to keep them dark, but create some dimension.
I used several colours to create a bespoke colour on Fran, Mac Rebel, with Vino liner being two of the main colours.

Once finished, Fran could have easily walked onto a set for a 1920s TV drama - just perfect.
I think we can all agree - she pulled this look off perfectly.






To view Ruth Elizabeth Website, with a bio or her makeup background click the link below!
Ruth Elizabeth Makeup Artist
Rx




No comments:

Post a Comment