Thursday 11 December 2014

My Makeup Journey

Ruth Elizabeth - Professional Makeup Artist





It's no secret that I love my job, and that I eat , sleep and breath makeup!
I have so many clients asking me how I started in makeup, and so many of you wish to know a little more about my makeup journey so far. Here I have written, just a little of how my love of makeup started, and how my career has progressed.


1) I'm a qualified cake decorator and baker! I studied at Birmingam College of Food ( as it was known then ) I worked for a while as a baker, but soon got bored, and still loved the idea of one day becoming a Makeup artist.

2) When the Bullring Shopping centre first opened in Birmingham, I worked at the Molton Brown shop, and soon found out I LOVED working with there then, makeup range. I don't think they do makeup anymore - but when they did, I was the girl who always served the makeup customers!

3) Moving from Molton Brown I worked for Benefit Cosmetics as a consultant, then assistant manager - and finally manager. Working in Selfridges Birmingham.

4) I then moved to Bobbi Brown in House of fraser Birmingham - which focused more on makeup artistry, and teaching.

5) In 2010 I moved to London, and trained at Shepperton, Makeup school. Qualifying in TV/Media Hair and Makeup.

6) After I was married I moved to Cambridge, working as an associate for Bobbi Brown.

7) My goal to work for MAC cosmetics, was finally realised when they offered me a job as makeup artist where I moved to Leicester, and worked for them for 3 full years.

8) In 2014 I went fully - self employed, full-time, and haven't looked back since!

9) Since being self employed, I have worked on many a project and have started to teach others my chosen craft.

10) I cant wait for 2015!

Ruth
x



No comments:

Post a Comment